EXPERIENCED FARMER for 800+ ACRE FARM (Upper Peninsula, Michigan)
5856 NN Road
compensation: TBD, based on experience employment type: full-time job title: Farm Manager
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you a passionate and experienced farmer with a drive for success? We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated farmer to join our team in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on a beautiful 800+ acre farm.
Our large farm is a diverse operation consisting of cattle, hay, and a variety of crops such as apples, raspberries, grapes, vegetables, and more. We are committed to good stewardship and thoughtful farming practices that improve our land, woods, buildings, and equipment. Our farm is situated in the small community of Garden, Michigan, only 9 miles south of Highway 2. The location offers a serene and picturesque setting for the right candidate to immerse themselves in a rewarding farming experience. On-site house is available for farmer and family to live in.
As the Lead Farmer of our 800-acre farm, you will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations, working on the farm, and leading a team of farm workers. This includes planting and producing crops, caring for a large grazing herd of beef cattle, cutting and baling hay, and managing our orchard and vineyard. Your dedication, honesty, and experience will be vital as you work with others and provide timely and accurate reports to the owner.
- Farming: A minimum of 5 years of experience in farming. Knowledge of crop and livestock production, including planting, harvesting, and breeding practices
- Team Leadership: Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team
- Technical: Ability to operate various farm equipment and provide basic repair and maintenance
- Financial: Experience with farm budget management, purchasing, record keeping, and income and expense control
- Communication: Good communication skills and a positive attitude for successful marketing of products and community engagement
- Organized: Strong organizational skills to schedule work and respond to variable weather conditions
- Sales: Experience in selling crops is desired
- Education: A bachelor's degree in Agriculture or a related field is preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers a competitive base salary with additional incentive fees based on producing positive financial results. The package also includes a spacious 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom house located on the premises to live in.
If you are an experienced and motivated farmer ready to take on the challenges of managing an 800+ acre farm, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications. Kindly provide a contact number so that we may reach out to discuss the opportunity further.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers